Nortel MICS to Asterisk

I have a Nortel MICS at one site and want to use Asterisk at another site that is connectted via wireless link.

I have Asterisk BE and 5 IP phones. I have a Digium TDM24xxP card with

8FXO ports on it in the computer for Asterisk.

How can I connect the two?? I have the 25 pin breakout cable plugged into my patch panels which is punched to 8 analog extensions in my Nortel (270 - 278).

I want the IP phones to use those extensions and dial out via the Nortel and get incoming calls as well.

Anyone ever done this or have any leads?? tks.

Reply to
s1deout
Loading thread data ...

Place an analog to VoIP gateway or another Asterisk box at the MICS site, point these to the current Asterisk box and configure its call routing to use these "VoIP" trunks.

There will be some limitations, most notable is that a call coming into the MICS and routed through the analog extension ports to the IP gateway wouldn't be able to send DTMF into the Asterisk (can't dial an extension on the Asterisks). A better solution would be to use a T1 trunk on the MICS to VoIP gateway (or analog E&M). I've used both of these to tie multiple MICS to VoIP trunks using Cisco Gateways. Other gateways will work, I just like the Cisco. And don't waste your time with the MICS VoIP gateway from Nortel, its just a 3rd party gateway rebranded for Nortel and frankly sucks.

Reply to
RC

Sorry if this shows up twice, I sent it yesterday but I didn't see it.

Place an analog to VoIP gateway or another Asterisk box at the MICS site, point these to the current Asterisk box and configure its call routing to use these "VoIP" trunks.

There will be some limitations, most notable is that a call coming into the MICS and routed through the analog extension ports to the IP gateway wouldn't be able to send DTMF into the Asterisk (can't dial an extension on the Asterisks). A better solution would be to use a T1 trunk on the MICS to VoIP gateway (or analog E&M). I've used both of these to tie multiple MICS to VoIP trunks using Cisco Gateways. Other gateways will work, I just like the Cisco. And don't waste your time with the MICS VoIP gateway from Nortel, its just a 3rd party gateway rebranded for Nortel and frankly sucks.

Reply to
RC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.