Remote Users on Norstar MICS 6.0?

Hi -

I have a Norstar MICS with 6.0 software as well as a CallPilot 100. It works well but I'd like to explore some options to extend office functionality to 3 remote users, 2 of which are at a long distance from the office.

I like the BCM50, but I can't justify upgrading the entire system just for this function as we are otherwise happy with the Norstar. Are there any options available to add interoffice VOIP capability to connect our remote users?

We also looked at some benefits of upgrading to the BCM50 such as some of the followme features as well as call center functions, but I think I can probably get those on my existing callpilot anyway?

Thanks!

Reply to
enigmapaul
Loading thread data ...

I had one customer in New York City that I set up a Norstar VoIP Gateway for. It required a vpn, Gateway and CO trunks in the Norstar at each end.I think I set up 3 co lines for it. I don't know if it is still supported and Tech support was useless. There was info on how to set it up at Nortel support, which worked until the vendor at the far end played with settings !! Got them straight real quick. The customer had too much traffic for it so upgraded to 7.1 and t1's with networking.

Ken1943

Reply to
Ken1943

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.