ZoneAlarm: TrueVector Internet Monitor service terminated unexpectedly

I'd appreciate any tips about why the TrueVector service for ZA keeps crashing on this computer randomly (like once every 12 hours).

Note the big clues: This happens while downloading torrents and just before the crash the event log says something about maximum TCP/IP connections being reached (see the log below). ZA has worked on this system for months with no problem doing this. It started happening a week or so ago, I have since formated & reinstalled XP fresh & reinstalled ZA multiple times, the problem is still happening. This is on an Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard, which I suspect is guilty somehow (its drivers are very suspect - but I have not installed the Asus Firewall / NAT driver - and never have). ps - Windows firewall is off.

Anyone familiar with this problem or the TCP/IP error I get before the crash?

Thanks in Advance

---------------------------------------------

Event Log (System):

(1) TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

(2) The TrueVector Internet Monitor service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

-----------------------------------------------

Event Log (Application):

(1) Faulting application vsmon.exe, version 6.5.722.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x000372e3.

(2) The application, C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ZoneLabs\\vsmon.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 06/25/2006 @ 13:46:07.125 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 77C472E3 (MSVCRT!memmove)

Reply to
torontodennis
Loading thread data ...

I'm currently sitting at a PC with an Asus motherboard running XP pro SP2 with no problem at all. There's no way I'd put ZA anywhere near it.

Did you download the Asus drivers or use old drivers from a CD?

There is an unofficial way to patch maximum TCP/IP connections but whether that would make a difference is anybody's guess.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Edwards

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.