ZoneAlarm warning: MSN trying to monitor user activity

Hi,

A while ago I got a virus on my computer through browsing the Internet. It was probably Trojan.Satiloler.e. Since then my firewall ZoneAlarm keeps alerting me of the fact that MSN is trying to monitor user activity (monitor keystrokes and the likes). I've formatted my harddrive since, reinstalled XP and thus MSN off course, but I still get these alerts. Is anybody formiliar with such spyware (?) like activities through MSN after having caught a virus? Or is anybody formiliar with these alerts from ZoneAlarm?

Thanks

Reply to
amygdala
Loading thread data ...

Could this be ZoneAlarm reporting Microsoft's "security update" kb905474. It is called WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) and I understand it calls home on each bootup. Microsoft is using this to stop software Piracy.

formatting link

Reply to
Casey

I don't think it is Casey. My PC is running practically 24/7, so no bootups. What's more, those alerts appear pretty random.

Reply to
amygdala

Sounds like you're still using Internet Explorer.

formatting link

Are they implementing their stuff with AJAX now? Your "firewall" is ridiculous.

Good idea!

In spite of the fact, that I'm no Zone Alarm user, after hundreds of postings (for example here in this group), I'm getting familiar with this nonsense popups.

Just drop Zone Alarm, I think you don't need it. Better configure your box not offering network services or use the Windows-Firewall.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.