Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice for a newbie please
Good morning, I have a zoom ethernet adsl modem I also have a netgear wireless router. The modem plugs into the wan port of the router and my PC's wired and wireless access the internet via the...

McAfee Desktop Firewall 8.5 doesn't work properly
Hi, I have McAfee Desktop firewall 8.5 on my Windows XP pro system, defined a Rule to block all ip protocolls in both directions and activated the firewall. But I still can go to the internet with...

IPS vs. Firewall
What are the pros and cons for having just my IPS turned on but have the Firewall feature off on my Symantec Client Security software? I'm about to deploy this client to a large amount of machines but...

Re: Port 113?
Shrike: Ok , i'll bite , assume you're a cracker and wish to learn where my computer is and what it runs. Assume that many of my ISP's routers are not using ICMP. Assume that my system will not send...

Kerio 2.1.5 - Unable to Attach TCP Message
Windows 2000 SP4 with Kerio firewall 2.1.5. After closing port 445 using either Windows Worms Cleaner or by editing the registry, I get the message on boot up " Kerio Personal Firewall Driver : Unable...

ZoneAlarm Update Wont Install
Hello Everyone, I downloaded and tried to install the latest version of ZoneAlarm over an older version. This is what I got Could not load the DLL library. C:\DOCUME~1\\LOCALS~1\Temp\vsutil.dll...

Sonicwall 2040 can't block MSN Messenger 4.7
Dear all, I have a Sonicwall firewall 2040 with IPS. But I fail to block MSN Messenger 4.7 even I have enable every IM item on the IPS which can block higher version MSN Messenger. Would you give me...

zonealarm sometimes block DNS?
I have DSL, a linksys router/firewall, and then windowsXP with zonealarm. Right after powering up my PC, I can use internet just fine. After a few hours of inactivity, sometimes internet stops...

Linksys BEFSR41 Router Version3 & Windows XP firewall
Hi I am trying to grasp what constitutes "security". I am using a Linksys BEFSR41 Router Version 3 and Windows XP firewall and I have yet to figure out what protection this gives me. Perhaps someone...

Comodo forums down?
Can anyone get to the Comodo forum page? Did they move it somewhere? Here's where it used to be: The Comodo Forum

Firewall newbie! Which free one??
Hi, Skint student here so have to stick with the free firewall software. Had a little look on google but every program is recommended in one way or another. I like using Zone alarm on both my...

CHX Packet Filter - Sample ruleset
Running Kerio 2.1.5 and having read about its fragmented-packet vulnerability, I've downloaded CHX3 from . Many posts on Google mention downloading the sample ruleset and registering with the website....

NT5GT AND DOMAIN
Hi am working with a Netscreen 5gt. And i want to know what sould i do to use the vpn with a domain server.??? Please some advice?

"Antivirus" software gone bad! (Symantec)
I bought a new asus motherboard that was bundled with a number of applications. One was listed as "Anti-virus" software. When I went to install it, it said it was going to install Norton Internet...

What does "unallowed access" mean in a router log?
Hello, all. I am trying to decipher the following three lines from recent router logs of mine: Thu Aug 31 10:31:35 2006 Unallowed access from 210.13.41.1:7799 to 192.168.1.151:22 protocol=6 rule=-1...