"Antivirus" software gone bad! (Symantec)

I bought a new asus motherboard that was bundled with a number of applications. One was listed as "Anti-virus" software. When I went to install it, it said it was going to install Norton Internet Security and I would have a 90-day trial period.

It seemed resasonable enough at the time. I accepted it, and it installed. However, it keeps blocking apps I want to allow onto the internet. I can't find any way to allow individual apps accessl. Even more pernicious, it refuses to allow me to remove it.

It insists that I provide the password to the "Supervisor" login. I don't _have_ a Supervisor login. My normal login with full administrative access is rejected as "not having correct permissions".

I'm not really a Windows user, I mostly use linux. Windows is just to run games that don't run under cedega. So, I don't know all the intricacies of XP. Where is my "Supervisor" login hidden and how do I set/reset the password, so that I can get this effing software off my computer?

Gwen

-- Gwen Morse mailto: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." -- Matt Groening

Reply to
Gwen Morse
Loading thread data ...

default password is symantec.. if that doesnt work you might need to call an exorcist.

Flamer Linux Debian User.

Reply to
die.spam

try this:

73, rich, n9dko
Reply to
Rich

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.