Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Windows Firewall?
I just subscribed to a DSL service. I know that I'll be needing firewall protection. Will the Windows XP built-in Firewall be sufficient, or will I need something more substantial?

zonealarm wireless problem
This afternoon I downloaded the latest ZONEALARM FREE software ans shortly after discovered that I could not get internet access. The wireless indicators confirmed that the wireless card was enabled...

freeware 'Internet Security' (firewall+anti virus) pack home version, Windows XP
Hi, What do you recommend as a 'Internet Security' (firewall + anti virus) as a pack for home solution (Windows) ? (The best if it's freeware version). Gmyro

Free Firewall Recommendations?
Hi all. I am trying to find a good, free firewall for Windows 98. Any suggestions (that don't begin with "upgrade your OS")? Thanks! :) Matthew

Cisco ASA 5510
Hi I need help, I have the following 1 x dlink dsl router, pppoa connection to outside world. 1 x ASA 5510 1 dlink attached to the asa 1 switch attached to the asa the inside lan ip range is from...

Zone Alarm Weirdness
Recently my computer would lose all outgoing internet access on ONLY port 80 exactly 10min after rebooting. After doing a full virus scan which was clean I plugged it into a linux firewall and sniffed...

Unsolicited ARP replies from router
From my firewall log I can see that my router sometimes sends unsolicited ARP replies to my PC. The packets always occur in pairs (both at the exact same time). My firewall has a feature to block...

firewalls and a static IP address
I have a situation where multiple customers allow remote access through a firewall via SSH, Remote Access Cards, etc. All the customers allow access ONLY from the same specific IP address. My question...

VPN client restriction
Hi, We are considering implementing a VPN solution. But since some users are remote permanently, that means that installation of the VPN client will have to be done by themselves or some outsourced...

Firewall-1 Behavior Receiving and Sending to Same Segment
If Firewall-1 on Windows receives a packet on a segment that is destined for the same segment, will the packet be subjected to the Firewall-1 rules before it is (possibly) passed back to the segment?

Cisco 501 PIX port forwarding (outside DHCP)
Hello, I am trying to switch from a Cyberguard 570 to a Cisco 501 PIX. The PIX I have read about creating a forwarding rule but they all centered around a static external IP. IE something like this:...

Blocking unauthorized remote access
Has anybody seen a comprehensive list of addresses used by the various "services" that allow unauthorized users to remote into their work computers from home, bypassing corporate security? These...

idr
Hi, I am looking for some IDR software that can be tied into opmanager. Op Manager does write logs that shows the 5 tuple (tcp/udp,sender ip/port, receiver ip/port.) I like wal watcher but it is only...

Does Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6.2808 run on Win 98 ?
I've just gone through the ordeal of removing ZoneAlarm from my portable. (some crap about missing vsdata95.vxd during re-boot) I want to know if Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6.2808 is OK for Win98?...

Is Comodo firewall really good in comparison to other firewalls (e.g. ZoneAlarm)?
During the last few weeks I heard a couple of times from the (freeware) firewall Comodo downloadable at At a first glance this fw looks good from the GUI and it passes all leak test successfully. Does...