Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

IRQ problem with sundance card on Checkpoint firewall
hi everybody, I've got a problem with a checkpoint firewall on a DELL GX270 box, the problem is the D-Link Sundance Quad Ethernet card. After some time it seems to switch IRQ's from a lower range...

Firewall vs. Packet Filter?
Let's say you are running anti-virus and anti-spyware programs that provide real-time protection. How important is it to have a firewall with application protection, versus just a packet filter?

Iptables rules to access a specific domain
Hi, I use iptables to block certain worstations on a network from accessing the Internet. I want these workstations to access a specific domain like which web site is composed of multiple web servers...

pix and multiple syslog-ng servers
we are about to hire an outside vendor to help us with intrusion prevention. they have requested our pix logs, which i have sent to a syslog-ng server. syslog-ng can forward logs on, but i believe it...

Question for experts
Is anybody willing to help me with firewalls? I have something to build for my work but I am not sure if that is okay. Please send me an e-mail if you are willing to help. Thank you!

Looking for Recommendations
Just went thru trying to get a SonicWall TZ170 (wireless) box configured for a client and then hit a big glitch. Long story short, after downloading the trial version of the Gateway AV service, the...

Fortinet/FortiGate - experience and observations?
Fortinet and its FortiGate product line seem to have appeared out of nowhere since the last time I looked at the firewall market. Does anyone have any experience with their products (esp at the high...

Checkpoint QoS
In conversation with a Checkpoint reseller, I was told that the Check Point VPN-1 Power license includes quality of services features and monitoring. But that to _activate and use_ the QoS features, I...

Hardware-Software Firewall Combo Part Deux
Hi People, I asked this question earlier and the thread is growing fast with everything but the answer to my question so this time I'm just trying to keep it simple: What is a good hardward firewall...

New 8K Feed
Thanks to the new 8K bitrate option on Live 365, I can throttle the bit rate down to 8 kilobits, when I do my talk show. This also means that at that super-low bit rate, it would not stand out in any...

A Hardware and Software Firewall Combination (I got Hacked!)
Hi People, I was hacked last week for the first time (that I know of) despite my "secure" system. I was using Windows firewall. I had disabled many unneeded XP services. I had a Belkin router, a...

Zone Alarm and Network Drives
Hi, I'm a firewall newbie. I have the standard version of Zone Alarm installed on my work Windows XP computer. The computer also has Novel Client software installed to provide access to a networked...

netfilter iptables and firewall
Hello, I didn't work with iptables since more than 4 years and i was agreably surprise by the new function provided with iptables, I'm currently using a computer with linux to do a Bridge Firewall, as...

firewall log files as rss feed
Hi All, Does anyone know of a program that can turn a firewall logfile (or any logfile) into an rss feed (authenticated rss over https) for easy viewing ? wr

What is Generic Host Process for Win32 Services with the file name/path C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe and does it need server permission to work properly?
Hello I have just started getting ridiculous amounts alerts from my firewall program (ZoneAlarm by ZoneLabs), which say that it had blocked 'Generic Host Process for Win32' from accepting a connection...