Looking for Recommendations

Just went thru trying to get a SonicWall TZ170 (wireless) box configured for a client and then hit a big glitch. Long story short, after downloading the trial version of the Gateway AV service, the unit refused to pick up the WAN IP address after that. Did the resets, back to square one numerous times, etc. - same problem and I never could get thru to tech support. Don't need that kind of hassle right now - sent it back.

So now I'm looking for another wireless firewall - that actually works. Small business, 8 workstations and a server and he wants to have some wireless laptops setup out in the shop area - plus - allow a couple of Guest accounts for access to internet only. Guests that are waiting for their vehicles could access the internet but not his network.

The LinkSys (Cisco) WRV200 is one I've just looked at but the reviews I've read were all negative.

Anyone have any reasonable recommendations for a small business application like this? Thank you,

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS
Loading thread data ...

WatchGuard, they make several wireless units and they are scalable.

formatting link

Reply to
Leythos

">

Leythos,

Gotta admit that I've never heard of this company but will certainly give them a good looking over. Thanks for your time.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

I've been building secure networks for ages, and I always pick them when I'm permitted. They provide all the bells and whistles and I love their proxy services.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.