Router always Starting in ROMMON mode

If power fails then when my router starts always starting in rommon mode. Then when i type rommon1>reset router works fine. How can i repair it. I need it normally starts.

Reply to
Ts8060
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

You need to change the configuration register.

rommon 1 >confreg 0x2102

Then you should reset.

Giorgos

Reply to
geoar75

Hi Ts8060,

check your register controller, what s the value, in the normal working way, it have to be x02102,.. you can see the registers value in the ( show version command ) Have a good day

Reply to
Fathi

In Show Version command My Register Value is 0x2102. But when power fails then router starts in rommon mode. Can i fix it.

Reply to
Ts8060

Perhaps you have something connected to the console port which starts up at the same time and sends the break signal.

Reply to
Bob Goddard

That was my thought as well. I found that leaving the console port connnected to Windows NT when they both were coming up after a power loss would put the router into rommon mode. I just scripted up the commands to reset the router, and set the script to run at OS startup. That slightly delays the router coming on line, but it worked fine. (once we changed OSs on the computer, it wasn't an issue any more).

Reply to
David Kerber

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.