Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Erase a VPN 3005 Concentrator
Hello. I was given a used VPN 3005 concentrator. No one knows what the password is to log into Admin console. I would like to wipe the configuration and setup the unit from scratch. How can I...

Enabling Netflow
Hi, We have a router (1700). I was trying to enable netflow for this. I tried reading ALL the possible documents that CISCO had provided on the web. But was not able to even see the option "flow". The...

RANCID + Catalyst or Routers
I'm trying to use RANCID to backup the configs of a few catalyst switches. I'm currently using RANCID successfully for PIX firewalls by using: bin/clogin -c "write net" However, in IOS land as you...

Ciscoworks with a 3560E
We just recieved a number of Cisco 3650E-48TD switches and are unable to get the configurations and IOS backed up to the Ciscoworks server. I updated the packages so that it sees the device, and it...

VPN Client Routing Issues
Hi, I have cisco pix 515e with OS 7.2 on it We have vpn client version 5 (the latest revision) I have multiple subnets terminating a vpn off the pix and then on the LAN behind the pix we have a router...

uplink ports and best practice..autonegotiate or fixed speed
I have new cisco switches...3560's and older 3coms superstack III and II connected via crossover cables. Can anyone advise on best practices for connecting the two? Should I fix the port speed? etc.....

cisco 1811
Using the SDM, I set up the cisco 1811 FE0 to connect to a static IP and got it setujp with the iP and mask, where do I set set the DNS? I tried to follow the instruction from the test conneciton...

qos on cisco 3560 layer 3 switch
Hello, I have 2 switch cisco 3560 L3, they link by ptp wireless with about 10Mbit of speed, on first switch fa0/1 is setup at 100Mbit/fullduplex and same on second switch. How I made to reserve 2 of...

Deny Access Lists
Hi we've got two sites connected through site to site vpn's and we believe there is a large amount of p2p file sharing going on which may be using up precious bandwidth resulting in slow vpn tunnel...

NetFlow
What plateforms does NetFlow work on? I am curious about switches mostly. ME

How do we bind our IP to a godaddy domain?
I sorta regret that I bought my domain from I used to use dnsexit. Dnsexit has a client IP updater that updates our IP at regular intervals. That is very helpful, especially for people who do not have...

Configure Catalyst Series to Remote Windows VPN Server
Hi While trying to connect to a remote windows-based VPN server (that obviously didn't work), I was told by the Windows techie to do the following: a)Install GRE Patch 1723 b) enable PPTP c) enable IP...

Change SSH Port
Hello, I want to change the ssh port on my router from 22 to 9022. I though it was done by issuing the following commands: ip ssh port 9022 rotary 1 Then: line vty 0 4 rotary 1 Am I missing something?...

Cisco 1801 DSL connection help
Hey everybody, I need help with setting up a PPPoE connection with a Cisco 1801. I have AllTel for a provider (which i believe is Windstream) and looking at my old Windstream router i see the VPI:0...

Cisco 1801 DSL p
Hey everybody, I need help with setting up a PPPoE connection with a Cisco 1801. I have AllTel for a provider which looking at my Windstream router is VPI:0 VCI:35 and the Authentication type is PAP....