Erase a VPN 3005 Concentrator

Hello. I was given a used VPN 3005 concentrator. No one knows what the password is to log into Admin console. I would like to wipe the configuration and setup the unit from scratch. How can I accomplish this? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Reply to
Corbin O'Reilly
Loading thread data ...

"Corbin O'Reilly" crashed Echelon writing news:PmaGi.63941$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews8.bellsouth.net:

Seems like you are our of luck

formatting link

Reply to
Bjarke Andersen

This link will help you reset the admin passwords to default, which will then allow you to do whatever you want.

formatting link

Reply to
Trendkill

Trendkill, that is what I needed. Thanks for the quick response.

formatting link

Reply to
Corbin O'Reilly

Hmmm... it makes no mention about what happens to the current configuration.

Does anyone know if it is erased or if it remains intact?

Reply to
Rod Dorman

I believe it does not (wipe its config) if its anything like a router or switch, in which case I know it does not. Either way, always a good practice to backup the config if you have access, or pull it via snmp if you don't have access but know the snmp strings. I have never seen a device kill its config without explicitly being told to, or asking you if you are sure first. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Trendkill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.