Verizon DSL & Windows XP SP2 VPN

If anyone out there has some clues, it would be GREAT! I'm real tired of beating my head against the wall on this.

Doctor's office gets a new EMR (electronic medical records) system and wants VPN from home. Simple Right!

VPN server is at the office. Connection is available from other sites (namely my cable access).

Dr has Linksys WRT54R wireless router (new - was using and 11mps router and wanted more speed). Getting to the internet is not a problem. Getting to the VPN connection just won't work. I have opened ports 47 and 1723 on the router and enabled VPN on the router. I've updated to the latest firmware on the router and run Linksys' net check program which said the router was fine.

I took a tablet, that worked just fine at home connecting via VPN to two different sites and tunneled right thru. However, I can't get this to work on the Verizon DSL connection (actually, I quickly tried to open a vpn at another verizon DSL site and had no problems.

I've spend hours on the phone with Linksys and they question Verizon now.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, in advance, for your time!

Reply to
Dontforget2laugh
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried doing some port scans to see if Verizon is filtering?

Reply to
ellis

You mean the WRT54GR right? Find an enable the PPTP pass-through on your Linksys. Restart the router, and from there, go back to the XP computer; enter the following at the command prompt:

telnet 1723

So you're telnetting into the remote port 1723. If you get a blank screen with a solid cursor, then you're golden and should have no problems connecting.

Hope that helps!

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Justin Brown - SYNACS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.