VPN Error 619

My VPN connection stopped working the other day.

I click to make the connection (PPTP) and it quickly gets to Verifying Username and Password... then hangs for a while, then says error 619.

I tried creating a VPN connection from scratch on another laptop and it worked just fine. I try the exact same steps on my laptop, and I get the 619 again.

I have tried on several different internet connections, including ones where the laptop works great, and it never works, so it isn't a problem with the router on the client side blocking anything (I have turned on all pass throughs anyway).

I disabled all software firewalls and anti virus programs, no luck there either.

There is nothing in my event log to give me any more guidance.

Like I said other clients, including my other laptop, have no problem connecting!

The VPN terminates on a Cisco 1700 series router, so there isn't a mis configured Windows RAS server somewhere or anything like that.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reply to
cmay
Loading thread data ...

You said it stopped working, which implies it was working fine a few days ago, so...

Has anything changed on the laptop? Any new apps, Windows SP 2, anything at all?

Just to verify PPTP functionality is normal, try telnetting on port

1723 to the VPN server (cisco router): telnet x.x.x.x 1723. If your dos window goes blank and the curser is just blinking, hit enter a couple times to drop the connection - this means you are getting to the server and PPTP is initiating a session.

What VPN client are you using - CIsco or Windows native?

Reply to
V. Evans

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.