Windows VPN

I'm trying to VPN into my home computer from my office. Home computer is Windows 2000. Office computer is Windows XP Pro SP2. Home is on cable, office is on DSL. When I tunnel into the home computer, the VPN connection is established very quickly and shows up in the system tray in each computer. I cannot ping anything, including IP addresses, on the home computer from the office computer.

Home computer: 192.168.1.49 Office computer: 192.168.4.49 NIC on office: 192.168.1.103

There are several shared folders on the home computer. These folders are visible over the LAN from other computers at home.

The firewall is not enabled on the office computer. There is no software firewall on the home computer. Port 1723 TCP is forwarded through the Netgear router to the home computer and through the Linksys router to the office computer.

I have tried Start | Run \\\\computer_name\\share, but the folder is not found. The same is true with \\\\192.168.1.49\\share or \\\\192.168.1.49\\c$. Suggestions for a solution?

Reply to
mcp6453
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate the Linksys Knowledge Base:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Resource Center Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.