Sudden Linksys Problem Connecting to Qwest DSL

This set-up has been working fine for several months:

Wired Computer to Actiontec DSL Gateway - Qwest Linksys WRT54G Wireless router ethernet cable to Actiontec Gateway Laptop Wireless connection to router

After we came back from the holiday's nothing worked. Called Qwest and they got the modem working (changed something in Ingternet options and duplexing from auto to full dual 10Mbps)

Now I can connect to the DSL directly and the laptop can connect to the Linksys router but the Linksys router cannot get connected to the internet.

I've called Qwest - They have the modem working and are done ISP - Pretty much the same as qwest Linksys - I have exhausted level 2 support

I've even swapped in a new linksys router (CompUSA was kind enough to switch) but the same results.

So what can the problem be and why was everything fine for 3 months? The only thing we did when we left was turn off the power (our 2.5 year old does that by accident sometimes as well) Someone must have changed something...

Reply to
Jorg Lueke
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.