Some help with new Verizon DSL and existing AOL...

Hi ~

Self-install kit on the way for the DSL, have had AOL e-mail adress for over 8 years - can I use both DSL and AOL dial up for a month or two to make sure my mail follows me propertly?

AOL has a light usage plan for $5/mo, I don't care about the AOL itself, I actually want to de-install it, but I need to be able to access the old e-mail adresses for a month or two. Is using the cheap plan and accessing the mail through

formatting link
the best way to go?

Thanks.

Bluesman

Reply to
Bluesman
Loading thread data ...

Verizon is/was providing new subscribers a free 30 day use of an email forwarding service. Worked great.

Reply to
Alan

I would advise against using any kind of email forwarding service with AOL. It means giving out your AOL password, which means purchases can be made against your billing method.

Reply to
Adam Bailey

Or even an email program. Sure.

Reply to
Adam Bailey

Yes, that's one way. Another is to use AOL Communicator, the Netscape browser email client (program) or any IMAP capable email client, including Outlook, Outlook Express and Eudora, as AOL now allows email access via IMAP. You can uninstall or discontinue using the AOL client software if you only want to get at your email for a couple months while you transition email addresses.

Instructions for how to configure an IMAP client are here:

formatting link
Gary E

-- |Gary A. Edelstein | snipped-for-privacy@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply) |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo

Reply to
Gary A. Edelstein

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.