SoCal Verizon DSL & Linksys BEFW11S4

I have installed Verizon DSL at my home and am unable to get it to work with my Linksys Wireless Router (BEFW11S4). At first, I setup the router to access the modem via PPPOE (as I have done in the past with SBC) to no avail. When I plugged the modem directly into my ethernet card, I discovered that it works without PPPOE. As such, I reconfigured the router to automatically obtain an IP from the modem. When I check the "Status" page on the router's web-config, I see that it doesn't obtain an IP. I've read numerous articles/posts regarding this issue, but I still can't seem to get it to work. I don't know if this is of help, but I noticed that the modem is operating on a different subnet (255.255.240.0) than the router (255.255.255.0...I can't change this to match the modem). I've upgraded the router to the latest firmware but that hasn't solved the problem.

I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this matter.

Thanks!

-Jon

Reply to
Jonathan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.