How do you use those /29 sticky (static) IPs from SBC and be protected?

How do you use those /29 sticky (static) IPs from SBC and be protected?

Our office LAN 192.168.0.x network is simple. Only two PCs (one of which is wireless getting IP from our linksys router), one networked printer, and two network cameras (SONY SNC-M3). I need the two cameras and the main PC to be mapped to three public IPs so that the management from HQ can come in to browse the cameras and map Drive D on main PC. I have subscribed SBC static DSL with speed of 1.5m to 3m. SBC gave me a /29 subnet of 6 useable sticky IPs which I need to do a PPPoE authenication. When I do the PPPoE on the WAN side, I have one IP (67.64.xx.118) assigned to the WAN interface. How can I use the rest of the 5 IPs? The linksys wireless router doesn't map the LAN side IPs to the WAN side IPs (for example 192.168.0.117 to 64.xx.117, and

192.168.0.116 to 67.64.xx.116) so as to allow outsiders to come thru the router to see the network cameras. Even if the linksys did do it, I still need to restrict only outsiders (the HQ mgmt) to come in, not anyone else. Linksys WRT54G is simply not a firewall. So, two days ago, I installed a PIX-506 cisco firewall and moved the linksys behind it. I found out the PIX506 does do PPPoE and was able to get the IP but it still doesn't do the LAN IPs to WAN IPs mapping. I gave up and put the linksys back. Then I found out the article:
formatting link
I am still researching to find a DSL router that has the DSL modem built-in, wireless 802.11G, stateful inspection firewall, and maps LAN IPs to WAN IPs. I looked at Netopia 3347W but found out that when the address mapping is enable, the so-called stateful inspection is not possible. If you have comment/solution, please suggest.
Reply to
derekc
Loading thread data ...

I have yet to see a commodity DSL router that would allow you to use both static IPs and NAT at the same time. Your best choice is probably to get a router that can run a Linux distro and configure that to do whatever you need. I recommend openwrt, but they're all good.

DS

Reply to
David Schwartz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.