Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Trendnet Router keeps on dropping internet connection
Hello, I have a trendnet TEW-431BRP 4 port wireless G router. I have it connected to a cable modem (Rogers Yahoo high speed). Every hour or so, the router (it appears to be a router issue) drops my...

Firewalls?
If I have a ADSL rooter with a built in Firewall, do I also need a software firewall on my pc, or can I uninstall Sygate when I get the router?

Can't Connect to Wireless-B with Netgear WG311T
Hi all, I have a Netgear WG311T PCI Adapter and pick up about 9 different networks with it. However I can only connect to the one G network of the bunch. Signal strength is about the same for but...

WiMax
Hello, Is there anyone one here who is a WiMax, HIPERMAN or 802.16 guru? Or juut know a lot thank you

Mesh Networks
Saw a post on mesh networks. Did some googling on it. Interesting stuff. Anyone with some practical experience of implementing such - indoors or outdoors? If so could you tell us what you did,...

WISP / File sharing problems?
Hello. I was wondering why a couple users running P2P programs can effectively disable my provider's wireless network? The entire network will lag while these people are using their software, but then...

Outdoor wireless network
I am attempting to assemble a wireless network in a wooded area (campground aprox 1 mile radius) where campers would be able to have internet access. I am looking for some possible solutions without...

Win2K and Adaptors?
Hi. I run Win2K on a pc that's part of a wireless network. Three times out of every five that I start my PC, it specifies 'wireless adaptor not available' in the system tray, so I cannot connect to my...

Wireless connections works ... then doesn't (XP Pro)
Wireless connection to the Access Point is shown as Wireless Network Connection Speed: 11.0 mbps Signal strength: Excellent Status: little or no connectivity But no TCP apps can access the network....

wireless newbie
Hi all. I'm trying to get rid of my old old desktop PC. I want to use my new laptop (Dell inspirion 8600 running XP pro) in the dining room, with all my peripherals in a closet. I will eventually do...

Is Cisco 350 AP Intentionally Crippled to Prevent Long Distance?
Will a Cisco 350 AP (AIR-AP352E2R-A-K9) and 350 Workgroup Bridge (AIR-WGB352R) combination work at long distances (5-10+ miles), given sufficient antenna gain and good LOS/Fresnel conditions ... just...

Hotspots in France and Spain?
How would I find the location of wifi hotspots in France (Paris) and Spain? I don't mind paying a daily charge, but free would be nice. The only site I found that was any good was Are there any other...

Momentary Drop Outs
I am having problems with momentary drop outs on my wireless network at home. I'm using a Linksys WAP54G access point and a Linksys WPC54G card in my laptop. The Ap is connected to a D-Link DI-604...

Cheapest 802.11b bridge?
I have several dispersed wired devices I'd like to convert to wireless, each with its own bridge. What's the cheapest 802.11b client bridge out there at the moment? Somebody was unloading the...

Recommendation for a Wireless adapter for Win 98 1st
Hi, Looking around most if not all PCI adapters say Win 98 SE as minimum requirement, anyone know of any adapters that work fine with Windows 98 1st edition ? Cheers