slow network

I have setup a home network with a wireless asdl router and wireless laptop

• a wireless computer.Both have a great connection to router & internet,but when I try to send or copy and paste files from 1 computer to another Its so slow I give up.I can see all computer on the network but try to look at any part of both computers is so so slow.Can anyone help? new to networking.
Reply to
The Carver
Loading thread data ...

Well, you didnt say what connection speed your laptops were connected at. But, in reality, if you take a 11mbs wireless connection, the actual throughput will be about 5.5mbs if all is well. If your computers are quite aways apart or if there is interference you may only be getting 1mbs with a thorughput of about 500kbs, then factor in that each has to talk to the AP before talking to each other.

If you are getting a 11mbs connection with about a throuput of 5.5mbs you should be able to download a 10MB file in about 15 seconds. I you are getting a 1mbs connection then it will take the same 10MB file about 2.5 minutes.

These are just numbers, but you might reference to what you are seeing and see if it is in line.

internet,but

Reply to
Airhead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.