Last resort

Can someone tell me why I can't get my dsl modem to connect or detect my Linksys wireless router? I've tried the setup several times, but I can't get this thing to work properly. Any help in this area is greatly appreciated.

Eddie

Reply to
LINKWRT54G
Loading thread data ...

Does it work when connected to a PC? If so you may need to clone the mac address of the nic in the pc to your Linksys... I don't know about dsl, but that's what I had to do with my cable modem...

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (L>Can someone tell me why I can't get my dsl modem to connect or detect my

Reply to
gene martinez

I had the same problem using the setup CD w/ my WRT54G. I had to manually go into the router via its ip address using the web browser, go into the setup page and manually type in PPPOE logon/password. It connected to my ISP and everything worked fine after that. I could never figure out why the setup CD version of connecting it up would never work. Hope that helps.

Reply to
Bob Schmidt

It configures to the pc.

I'll check that. Thanks!

Reply to
LINKWRT54G

Check to see if you have PPOE, set up instead of dhcp.

Reply to
Sonco

Other things to check are the ethernet cable is it a straight or crossover? Also check the port speed. Some cables/dsl modems can only do 10 half and not 100 full etc. Lastly check to see if your router is in gateway or router mode? mine would only work in gateway mode.

Reply to
K Bloch

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.