Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Internet Problems.....
Have installed a Pluscom WRF-RTL8186 router between our cable modem and PC so the wife can connect wirelessly via her laptop. Her laptop has Vista on and it wouldn't connect at first so read on...

Repeaters, send/receive through antenna only, or base unit to?
I'd like to get an outdoor directional antenna facing my parents house (2 houses away), and rebroadcast their signal in my house. I’ve been able to connect to their network with a directional...

Wifi to wifi connection
Hi, I have an antenna that pulls a good wifi connection from a free service, this antenna is a RepeatIT Long Range USB Outdoor Antenna - SU2410-USB and cost me £ 115. Is there a way that I can use...

Will an 802.11b adapter work with a 802.11n router?
Our office recently purchased a new 802.11n router. All of the laptops have adjusted with no problems. The lone ancient POS desktop uses a linksys 802.11b wireless adapter with our old router, but...

Good replacement Router?
I currently have D-Link 614+ revision B wireless router, it is very old. I was wondering what would be a good stable and fast replacement router? I don't have a ton of money either. thanks for your...

Wireless Wiki
'Wi-Fi - Wireless Wiki - a Wikia wiki' ( practical, comprehensive, and objective resource for wireless communications, particularly wireless access to the Internet, and related wireless technologies...

Downgrade your PSP to version 1.5 using your PSP battery
Lots of users downgrade their PSP to version 1.5 in order to upgrade to higher version such 3.51,etc.,because with a refresh PSP with a version 3.03 or above,you can run a lot more games and software...

Strange wireless connection problem
Hi, new member of the newsgroup here, posting because the experts at don't seem to have a solution. Setup is laptop with ra2500 wireless card running Mandriva 2007.0 (mostly), Windows XP (sometimes),...

help - WRTP54G Using Only Wireless 2 Connect
Hello All, I have a dilemma - I have a linksys/vonage WRPT54G and I a just relocated to an area that only has wireless access. I am runing Vista Home premium on a new Gateway laptop. I was told that I...

Help with Linksys WAG354G on Orange Broadband please ?
I am trying to install a WAG354G gateway on what was previously a direct broadband connected PC. The PC has an Orange Broadband connection, using a simple Speedtouch modem connected directly to the...

Using Two Wireless Routers
Ok recently I installed a BT Home Hub downstairs to save me from having to send a 10m ethernet cable upstairs for xbox live. Upstairs connected via ethernet to my main PC is a Belkin ADSL Modem with...

What router has Bandwidth Management ..?
Hi Everyone, Here is my little issue. My fiance's Mum always has OS Students living with her and they love to nail her Optus bandwitch within the first few days of the month and cap the speed. All the...

miniPCI to PCI adapter+ miniPCI wifi card - would it work?
hello I live in Slovakia and it is really hard to find resellers with good WLAN offer. I would like to have 802.11 a/b/g card so I would only have to change antenna when I would need to go from 2,4GHz...

How to...
Hi to all i need some info, what specs to look for when buying NON LINE OF SITE p2p AP and type for long range 8-10 miles. Thanks...

Looking to spend less than $500 in addition to my current parts. . .
If you're seeing BSODs in Vista, I'd look at your hardware and drivers very closely, Vista has proven to be the most stable OS I've ever used. That being said, I selected my parts for this system with...