XP Home Share Access Failure

XP Home, Spack 2, on a Dell Inspiron 8200 and Airlink101 3026T 802.11g card w/ WPA-PSK security).

I can share files on the home LAN from another Dell laptop, but never this one.

File Sharing is enabled, and I can see the printer on the home LAN, as well as access the Internet. The workgroup is the same name on all PCs.

When I go to Network connections and Right-click on Set up a wireless network for a home or small office, I get

error loading wzcdlg.dll

I can't see this laptop from the LAN even though I've set Shared Documents are sharable. I can see the printer on this LAN from the laptop. Turned off ZoneAlarm and made sure Windows Firewall stayed off.

File and Printer Sharing is bound to the Network connection for the WiFi card.

No Norton/Symantec products lurking in the system.

Net Share shows Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. C:\\Documents and Settings\\_>net share

Share name Resource Remark

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- print$ C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spool\\drivers Printer Drivers IPC$ Remote IPC Download C:\\Download My Documents C:\\Documents and Settings\\_\\My Documents SharedDocs C:\\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\\ALL USERS\\DOCUMENTS PDFCreator PDFCreator: Spooled eDoc Printer The command completed successfully.

Folder Options has search for folders enabled.

What's gone wrong with file sharing here?

Best regards, and thank you. John Bartley K7AAY

Reply to
K7AAY
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.