WRT54G and web server

I've been running a Linksys WAP11 along with a Linksys BEFSR41 router for quite a long time. I decided that it was time to upgrade to something that uses WPA, so I ordered a WRT54G.

I have a Web server (Win2k3 and IIS) running with a static IP and also using Dynamic DNS. The server is hardwired to my router. Response from the server with the BEFSR41 was snappy when using my dynamic DNS domain, but with the WRT54G, it's slow. Slow also with Remote Desktop.

I haven't done anything with the settings on the WRT54G other than setup the wireless, create a static route to my web server, and opened port 80.

Any idea as to what's going on?

Thanks! Doug

Reply to
Doug
Loading thread data ...

What hardware version did you get? V5 is not well thought of, though I haven't personally had any serious problems with it, and the latest firmware upgrade proports to have solved the most annoying one.

You have a static IP that you are reporting to your DDNS provider? Why? Is the router or your server updating your DDNS? [IIRC the BEFSR41 doesn't support DDNS, but the WRT54G does...]

Is the server in your DMZ, or do you just have certain ports forwarded to it?

The only thing I can think of is something flakey with the V5 (did you get this past week's firmware upgrade for it?).

Just curious, why not get a WAP54G and stick with your BEFSR41?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Thanks William. Should have thought about the firmware before posting. Just upgraded to v1.00.9 and all is well again.

My static IP is internal. I'm using dynamic DNS with no-ip.com and port fowarding to that static IP.

Reply to
Doug

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.