Wireless router/firewall/virus

I currently use WinProxy as a router/firewall/virus protection. I am getting a laptop and would like to switch to all wireless. Does anyone know of a router that does firewall and virus protection?

Reply to
Mike
Loading thread data ...

Not sure what that is, but let me explain what I want.

I want a router that I can plug my internet connection into it and have it act as a router, firewall, and virus protection with automatic updates. That is exactly what WinProxy does, but it is software and I have to use a computer with two network cards. They charge a yearly fee for the AntiVirus protection. I would like to ditch the computer and go wireless at the same time.

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
tzar

"Mike" wrote in news:Atj4e.1052$Ut1.994@fed1read01:

You talking a about a NAT router or are you talking about a FW appliance?

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

"Mike" wrote in news:hSj4e.1058$Ut1.91@fed1read01:

formatting link
A Linksys NAT router may have what you're looking for.

The 54g is a wireless router and 11S4 is also.

You could go with a wire router and wireless access point too.

The NAT router for home use is not a FW but has FW like features. A packet filering router with a FW cost more.

formatting link
A FW appliance is somewhat different and there are low-end ones that have wireless.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

This would be a Firewall appliance and will probably cost $$$$. Few if any retail routers do AV as well.

This is the cheapest way to do it - get a cheap Pc, install linux on it, and put on AV and firewall software.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.