wireless disconnect

I am using Netgear MR314 and many times it just disconnect from the internet. I have heard that there is a known problem with WinXP. Can some one tell me what to do?

Thanks.

Reply to
Arnon Tuval
Loading thread data ...

Turn OFF 802.1x authentication if you're not using encryption, or using WEP. If you're using WPA encryption, 802.1x is required.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

It's true. When I started working with Windoze 1.0, I had a full head of hair, a full bank account, a positive attitude, and was in good health. 15 years later, my hair is falling out, my bank account is depleted, I've become cynical, and my health is rapidly deteriorating. Surely this could only be caused by exposure to Windoze.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Different issue. Most current ATX motherboard PC's include a "wake on LAN" feature, the leaves the power turned on to the ethernet card, even when the computah is allegedly turned off. When the card receives a "magic packet", it turns the computah power on. I've often suspected (but never verified) that PCI wireless cards have their power left on, even though only a very small number have Wake on LAN features. My guess(tm) is that your wireles card was hung, and that it didn't recover until you either pulled the plug, or physically pulled the card out of the machine (hopefully with the power disconnected).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

My linksys had been working great until I made some changes in security. It then went south and would connect for a few minutes then disconnect after a few minutes...Repeatedly. Im not sure what got honked up here are the steps that fixed it.

1st I unistalled the hotfix.......no help 2nd I restored my xp to the day before...no help 3rd I reloaded my wireless router firmware ...no help 4th I renamed the PCI driver and slapped in a new one ....no help 5th I physically pulled the card rebooted and then reinstalled.

It now works again..........beats me

Reply to
Airhead

I'm losing my hair and I've been told that Windows XP is to blame.

Reply to
Bobby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.