wireless ad hoc network and file sharing

Hi, I am a newbie in the area of wireless networking. I have installed a wifi connection for two laptops and it works well. Both PC can access to the internet without problem. Recently, I wanted to create an ad hoc network between my two PC and I had the greatest difficulties to make it work. But there is still a problem, if I decide to "link" my two PC, I lost the internet connection for both of them. I Have a D-Link Router directly connected to my cable modem and my TCP/IP default parameters are set on an IP provided automatically. To make my ad hoc network and file sharing to work, I have to set an IP for the two computers but this leads to a loss of internet connection without mentioned that the process is annoying. Is there a simplier way to set together an infrastructure and an ad hoc network ?

Thanks in advance

David

Reply to
germain d
Loading thread data ...

Don't use an ad hoc network. Connect all computers to the router.

Barry ===== Home page

formatting link

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.