Help.. will XP restore function restore my wireless settings?

Ldray hath wroth:

The DWL-520 comes in 5 different hardware versions: A, B, C1, D1, and E1. If you download and install the wrong driver, it won't work. Go to the support page at:

formatting link
the DWL-520 page, pick the correct hardware version, and download that driver.

Go to Control Panel -> Add Remove Software and vaporize anything you've installed. Then try installing the driver again.

Yes, that will work. It usually does a fair job of putting things back the way they were. However, I save it for a last resort because of ocassional unintended suprises. If you've done a Windoze Update or Office Update between the restore point and today, you might have to reinstall some updates.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

I did a dumb thing. I removed my D-Link DWL-520 wireless G PCI adapter from my desktop planning to move it to another desktop. Don't ask.. long story. I did this with the assumption that my install disk was at hand. No.. that was for the D Link Router.. not the 520. Oops.. well, just go to the website.. My luck.. it's no longer supported. it's obsolete (what a difference a year makes, no?)

I tried downloading the drivers, and followed instructions in my manual (which I do have). No luck. XP just doesn't find those drivers. I was wondering if I could try picking a Restore point on my original desktop, and plugging in the wireles PCI card back in the ol' slot where it was when I started this adventure.

Would it work?

Thanks in advance..

replies can be sent to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com of course.. you know what to remove in the email address..

Reply to
Ldray

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.