Windows Certificate Problem

Hey all, I'm having a strange problem with one of my offsite users. We have our router set up as WPA-PSK authentication, and on a users laptop for the past while his wireless was working perfectly. The router is an RSU-2510 from nextnet. Yesterday the user came in, and his laptop was displaying the message "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network (SSID)"

It has the network details, in the task tray icon, and just is stuck on "acquiring network address"

I searched google and it seems like this problem occurs if the 802.1x authentication box is checked, but it is greyed out and CAN'T be checked, so that's not the problem. Now this user is about 5 hours away, so I can't just simply reinstall drivers or anything, although I'm sure if it needs to be, it can be done.

Also: The other users on the modem didn't see anything happen, and everything is working perfectly for them????

In case it matters it's an Acer Travelmate 8204 (Intel PRO/Wireless

3945ABG)

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
DWillms
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.