wifi Printer standalone?

Just wondering..........

I've got a HP Deskjet 5650 I'd like to move to another room and wondered if there is a device that I might use to connect to my Buffalo AP. I know I can do it using a dedictated PC, but really don't really want to do that. My printer has parallel and usb ports. I'm now using the usb. Any ideas that don't cost a fortune?

Thanks.

TV

Reply to
Travis McGee
Loading thread data ...

"Travis McGee" hath wroth:

Dlink DPR-1260 MultiMalFunction print server using USB port.

List of allegedly compatible printers:

$20 rebate currently at Dlink:

I have two of these running at different customer on Canon Pixma printers. I haven't heard any complaints so I guess they're still working. The range through a thick wall wasn't all that wonderful so I had to install a reflector on one of the units. Setup was quite simple once I resigned myself to actually reading the instructions.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

The shame of it!! :-)

Reply to
'Nel'

"'Nel'" hath wroth:

Reading the instructions is only shameful if the customer sees you doing it. They usually wonder if I know what I'm doing. I'm expected to know everything and I certainly don't want to give the impression that I might not.

However, this is different. If the product were any good, it wouldn't need any instructions. It would be intuitive, obvious, and organized. Perhaps a wizard to walk me through the basics so I don't miss something. Well, we're almost there with router setups, but we have a long way to go with print servers. The problem here is order and sequence. What's your guess? In what order do I: - Install the HP printer software - Install the Print Server software - Configure the print server (web based config) - Configure the Windoze printer settings. With HP software, if you guess wrong, you get to uninstall literally everything, reboot and start over. If you want to add something later, you get to uninstall literally everything, reboot, and start over. If the software can't find the printer, you get to uninstall literally everything, reboot, and start over. If you sneeze during the install, you get to uninstall literally everything, reboot, and start over. Getting the picture? There's a point were even my pride in never reading the instructions breaks down in the name of expediency.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Instructions are for sissies.

Reply to
Travis McGee

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.