WiFi connectors

Does anyone make the reversed SMA that will work with .141 hardline?

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE
Loading thread data ...

By "reversed" do you mean cable-mounted jack?

Amphenol makes a few:

formatting link

Reply to
Bert Hyman

formatting link
has some reverse rma, but I don't recognize your cable spec.

Reply to
dold

AKA .141 inch simi rigid cable

Reply to
JIMMIE

MIL-C-17 RG-402/U solid copper center conductor, PTFE foam dielectric and solid copper outer conductor. The center conductor and inside of the outer conductor are usually silver plated. Normally used inside equipment at frequencies up to 18 GHz. It's called a "semi-rigid" coax, and is more or less a 'bend once' cable. The ".141" refers to the outer diameter in inches.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Works, or can be made to work? My favorite source (RF Industries) carries the normal SMA to 0.141 connector as RSA-3500-141

but on the RP-SMA page, doesn't show anything for semi-rigid

However, if you're clever or devious, you might be able to solder one of the other (crimp?) type connectors onto the 0.141 coax if the insulation diameters are the same. I can't tell from the data sheet and really don't want to go through every connector page. Maybe calling or writing RF Industries?

Also, I did find some companies selling RP-SMA connectors and 0.141 semi-rigid coax cable assemblies. They must get their connectors from somewhere. However, you may need to buy one to find the vendor:

Bingo. Wellshow (never heard of them).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks Jeff, We can always count on you. I have a situation where the antenna is getting shadowed by the computer case. I just wanted to extend the connection a few inches to get the antenna above the computer. I tried drilling out the little nipple you would normally crimp the coax shield to and soldering the hardline to the connector. This may have worked if I had a small torch that I could silver solder it with. Pb/Sn proved to be too weak but it did prove the concept.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

I was looking for a time burner so I didn't have to work on my taxes. That's what I should be doing right now.

I'll assume a desktop mini-tower case. I have the same problem here. I bought a magnetic mount antenna with about 1 meter of RG-316/u coax, and a RP-SMA connector. Something like this:

There's no need to use semi-rigid for that. Ordinary coax cable will work just fine. Over the distance of about 300mm, almost any size coax will work. If you're thinking of using semi-rigid so that the antenna will be self supporting, that will work, but so will a piece of duct tape to hold the upper part of the coax.

Solder should have been strong enough. No need for the stronger silver solder unless you have a flexing connection.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Had the .141 line. Since I got a scrap of small coax from work fabricated the cable and removed the outer insulation. I then tinned the shield to make it rigid. More than one way to skin a cat.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.