WAG54G stuck on reboot cycle

Since purchasing a WAG54G, the wireless side of the unit has not been performing as expected. The range of the signal dropped off after 2 meters. Linksys support advised to update the formwate to 1.02.7, which I have done, but now the router is stuck in a reboot cycle. The power light flashes away for approx 20 sec, link light/DSL light lights up, then it reboots itself. Tried to use TFTP to upload an old firmware but the unit doesn't have an IP address assigned.

Is this unit dead?

Reply to
simonbray
Loading thread data ...

Try reinstalling the firmware then setting everything to its default settings. Reboot the WAG54G and then make the changes you desire.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

You don't mention if you tried a hard reset on the WAG. The recessed reset button is located on the back next to the power port. Use a pencil or paper clip to press the button for about 10 seconds.

If that didn't work, I'd exchange it for another.

Otherwise you could see if these "unbricking" instructions for a WRT54G can be adapted to your WAG:

formatting link
Lance

simonbray thought carefully and wrote on 12/26/2004 5:57 AM:

Reply to
Lance

Did you even bother to read his post? How the hell do you expect him to reinstall the firmware if the box has no ip?

Reply to
Beretta

I've done the "pin on reset button for 30 sec", but to no avail. As the unit is still under warranty (and the instructions that I have followed to date have been from Linksys Support), I might send it back to Linksys for a replacement.

Thanks all for replying

Reply to
simonbray

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.