Newbie Problem...Repeater WRE54G...

Hi all,

My thanks in advance of any replies and for you guys reading this. Bit of a long question really, but bare with me....

I am currently working in Menorca fixing boats, I decided that I needed a change from the boaring life of working as an Oracle geek (not that Oracle is boaring or anything :-s). Anyhow I have access to a wireless network, unfortunately, the signal quality where I am living is not great. In order to try and sort this out I bought a repeater (Linksys WRE54G). Anyhow the problem I have is that the main router which holds the connection to the ADSL line is a AG241 and the repeater is not certified to work with this repeater.

It was a bit difficult to get access to the router initally, since its client accomodation, anyhow after finding out the router model number I thought that I wouldn't be able to connect. Anyhow, having said all of this, one of my house mates has a new(ish) laptop with Vista on it, and somehow he was able to connect using the repeater through to the net, inspite of the fact that the connection is WEP 64bit enabled, and the repeater was only configured using the autoconfig button (not the wizzard), although it did show a blue link light.

A few doors down we do have another router (which is acting as a repeater), a WAP54G.

Anyhow my question is this, does anyone know if it is possible to configure my repeater to work with the AG241 router, and if so how can I do this, or am I better trying to configure the repeater to work with the WAP54G repeater.

Also does anyone know if its possible to put the firmware upgrade on the linksys site onto the repeater, even if its not configured with a router, and if this would make any difference.

Thanks for reading and in advance of any posts,

Marky boy...

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
b14speedfreak
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.