Question about a Linksys all-in-one device

I'm considering the Linksys WCG200 for my home network. Short form, it's a wireless G router with a built-in cable modem.

Here's some details from the official Linksys page...

• High-speed DOCSIS 2.0 certified Cable Modem gives you a fast, "Always On" connection to the Internet * Share the Internet -- connect one PC to the integrated Router via USB and four more via Ethernet using the built-in 10/100 Switch * Built-in Wireless-G (802.11g) Access Point lets you connect more PCs without running wires * Advanced SPI firewall and wireless security features protect your PCs, your data, and your family

I have two questions.

1) Can you connect a printer to the USB port instead of a PC, and print from multiple computers over the network?

2) If you can't do this normally, is there maybe custom firmware out there that will let you do this?

Gwen

Reply to
Gwen Morse
Loading thread data ...

I very much doubt it.

I have been using a Linksys USB2/Parallel Print Server for the past 3 years -- it supports two printers (one of each). I now have just the HP d145 plugged into it. Though the Print Server can go wireless, I have it hard wired into the Wireless Router. There are other PrintServers available from LinkSys, but I have not checked the latest ones recently.

Reply to
sapper

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.