SB4200--what level of compliance for DOCSIS is it?

Hello! I have here a SB4200. I'd like to know if any of you know what level of DOCSIS compliance it was supposed to be at when it was made.

-- Gregg gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com "This signature has expired."

Reply to
gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail
Loading thread data ...

Gregg is lazy - try Google:

formatting link
Features of the Motorola SURFboard SB4200 Cable Modem are:

• DOCSIS 1.0 and 1.1 CableLabs® Certified * Utilizes the Broadcom BCM 3345 chip * New user-friendly, top-mounted stand-by button for additional end-user security * New LED added to front panel to indicate stand-by status * New color to better complement today's interior home decor * USB connectivity simplifies installation * 10/100BaseT Ethernet (auto-sensing) connectivity * Capable of downloading at speeds up to 100 times faster than a 28.8k analog phone modem* * Ethernet and USB are bridged allowing LAN traffic between USB device and Ethernet LAN * USB drivers WHQL certified for Windows 98/2000/Me/XP * Compatible with Windows 95/98/200/Me/NT/XP/Mac/UNIX * Supports up to 32 users (1 via USB and up to 31 via Ethernet, or 32 users on Ethernet) * No telephone lines needed -- always on, always connected

formatting link
Motorola SURFboard® Cable Modem SB4200

With a SURFboard cable modem from Motorola, broadband Internet access is incredibly fast, always on, and always connected. That means no more dial-up, busy signals, or long, late nights downloading Internet homework information!

A great modem for today's broadband Internet, the SB4200 can support up to 32 users -- perfect for your home or small office. It's DOCSIS® 1.0 and 1.1 CableLabs® Certified?.

Reply to
$Bill

It could be either 1.0 or 1.1 since "SB4200" just by itself isn't enough information to go on. Go to the modem's webpage at http://192.168.100.1/ and click on the Help tab. Then look at the info it gives up in the top left. If that says SB4200-1.4.8.4-SCM01-NOSH, then it is Docsis 1.1 certified (and 1.0 also of course). If it says 0.4.3.3p or 0.4.4.0p, then it is an older Docsis 1.0 modem.

HTH Bob

Reply to
Robert Heiling

additional end-user security

ster than a 28.8k analog phone modem*

etween USB device and Ethernet LAN

Ethernet, or 32 users on Ethernet)

Hello! It happens I am not lazy. I looked at both the DOCSIS=C2=AE homepage

formatting link
and also the ones at Motorola, and then posted the question here.

-- Gregg gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com

Reply to
gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.