Problem with MacBook Pro and Wireless Network

Hi I have a problem with my home WiFi network and my MacBook Pro which is exemplified by the fact that, for the third time of asking, it got part-way through a download and then lost the connection. In this case 117Mb of 118! :-( Losing the connection has happened all the time since I set up the network.

I can't identify it with any specific factor. I thought it might be time and I guess it might be volume downloaded though I think the former rather than the latter but it's not constant at all. The connection to the same network on my Windows laptop stays on for ever if I want it to - no problem at all.

This is very frustrating, as is having to download software for the Mac on the PC to be sure of getting it and the having to transfer it.

Does anyone have any ideas? The Airport interface is rather childlike compared to its Windows counterpart which allows you a lot more information, preferences etc. I feel sure there must be a non-idiots interface with the network prefs or a variable I can set somewhere - please help! It's driving me crazy, 117 out of 118 for crying out loud - how cruel is that?!

Cheers

David

Reply to
Uncle Dave
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried using cable to see if the problem persists?

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

No, but I will if you tell me what it would mean if it did persist, and what it would mean if it didn't!

Thanks

David

Reply to
Uncle Dave

If you try using a cable/copper connection to your MBP and the download completes, then that's pretty conclusive that its a problem with the wirless connection or configuration.

If it still happens, possibly the file is corrupted? I know you said you are loosing a connection, but is that your wirlesss connection, or connection to the web?

A long shot, but possibly the file may be corrupt - have you tried downloading from another server (if one is available)?

Clive

Reply to
Clive

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.