USR Router8054 + Repeater5450

Hello, I have placed a USR-Router8054 to cover the wireless connection in (let's call it) "ZONE1" and a Repeater5450 in "ZONE2". The latter with the latest FW (1.41). Everything is working ok, with WEP activated in open system. The only oddity is:

1.when I have a laptop connected in ZONE2 and walk to ZONE1 the connection seems still ok (signal strenght), but if I try to browse the internet or the LAN it is NOT. If i popup the wireless status windows from the taskbar and I do a restore (the system shuts down the connection and restart it) it starts to work again. 2.The same behaviour if I walk from ZONE1 to ZONE2 doen not happen!

Do you have any explanation and solution to this irritating and boring fault?

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
powerdrome
Loading thread data ...

nobody on this please? Thanks

Reply to
powerdrome

anybody on this please!

Reply to
powerdrome

Apparently, USR is not a popular brand name, although I find their routers to be very good. I suggest that you get in touch with USR Tech Support about the issues you are having with the device.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.