Panasonic BL-C30A internet camera access problem

Hi: I have two Panasonic BL-C30A internet cameras installed in a 2nd home in another state. I was able to access them remotely (being at my

1st home). Both cameras could not be displayed at once under multi-cameras, but I could access them properly through using their Global Addresses and port numbers ( each having a diff. port number). I decided to tinker with the settings remotely - that was dumb. I remembered that I had my Netgear WGR614v6 router set with WEP (64 bit and using 1 key). So, foolishly, I decided that I would go into Panasonic Setup online ( thru the router), and changed the WEP settings fron none to the exact ones matching the Netgear router. After I did this, I could never access camera 1 (used to check a host of imp. items like house temperature) again. Camera 2 (my lest important one) worked properly, but would display where camera 1 was previously. I never could get things corrected and eventually lost camera 2, by tampering with the "automatic setup" , when I had been using "static setup." Problem: Now I can't access either Global Address, and I do use their respective port numbers ( 80 aand 81 ). Lastly, Viewnetcam.com will not take me anywhere ( get no page thingy), so I'm really stuck. I can access my router remotely and change router settings ( they are all correct), but I cannot access the cameras. Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated. If I could just get the Panasonic Setup program up and running that would be helpful, but now I can't do this either. I think when I tinked with the "automatic setup" it did me in. It's a very long drive for me to travel to the 2nd home from here. Hoping there is another solution that can be done remotely. Again, all suggestions are welcomed. You may email me as well as leaving message here. Thanls, Gibby
Reply to
Gibby
Loading thread data ...

"Gibby" hath wroth:

WEP has a problem. The conversion from ASCII key to Hex key is NOT standardized and varies between manufacturers and even different models of the same manufacturer. Use the Hex key and it will work.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

************************************************************************************** RESPONSE To Jeff and others: I was able to get my Setup back remotely by discovering in the router that a camera I had on port 80 was now assigned 50000. I think this happened when I tried to use Panasonic internet camera BL-C30A "Automatic Setup" remotely, after I had earlier used "static setup." The reason I reverted back to "automatic setup" was because one of my two cameras seems to have the MAC address of the 1st camera, hence both cameras now give me the same exact picture of the same living room. Can't get a picture of the basement. Doesn't matter whether I set one on port 80 and the other on port 81 (or vice versa). Yesterday, I was able to get a basement picture, until I tinkered with Panasonic setup. The only way I can make sure each camera is using its correct MAC address is use "automatic setup" remotely. Is this a no-no or should one be able to use auto setup remotely?.Jeff, I think the WEP setting you discussed is part of the :automatic setup" and, I believe, messed things up earlier. Thanks for your idea. Bottom line: Is it okay to use auto setup remotely, and why am I getting the same two pictures, even though the two cameras are located at two diff. locations? All help/ideas appreciated. Also, thanks, Jeff. Gibby
Reply to
Gibby

"Gibby" hath wroth:

I have no idea what you have to work with and what you are doing. Also, too many things are changing at one time to follow the progress. However, my guess(tm) is that you're trying to view two almost identical cameras from behind a WGR614v6 router. You need to make some changes in the router. Setup the two cameras identically, except that they have different IP addresses.

Camera #1 IP = 192.168.0.11 View Port = 2000 Control Port = 2001

Camera #2 IP = 192.168.0.12 View Port = 2000 Control Port = 2001

WGR614v6 port forwarding: View Port #1 3000 => 192.168.0.11:2000 Control Port #1 3001 => 192.168.0.11:2001 View Port #2 3002 => 192.168.0.12:2000 Control Port #2 3003 => 192.168.0.12:2001

I picked the IP addresses and port numbers at random. I also don't recall (and can't find) the exact port number layout used by the camera. I vaguely recall that it has separate view and control port numbers as above. Change the numbers to accommodate your setup.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.