4112 WLC / Cisco 1000 Series - IP Conflict

I've been hunting for a solution to this problem for a while now and I can't seem to find one. Here's the situation:

We have a Cisco 4112 Wireless Lan Controller w/ 10 1000 Series Lightweight Access Points. The AP's do not have IP's configured for them. On our wireless notebooks we always seem to have one random notebook that always has an IP conflict on the network. Doing some investigating it appears that the IP is generated from the MAC address of one of the AP's, even though the AP's aren't configured to use an IP address. Anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem?

Reply to
Comwood
Loading thread data ...

On the WLC, if you look at Wireless -> All APs then walk thru the Detail info on each AP, do you see that any of them has this IP address?

What does your DHCP server say about its bindings?

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Reply to
Comwood

Hm, I guess you're running old code in your WLC ... in current (3.2) code, the APs' IP addresses are shown there.

Are you sure that you don't see the APs' addresses if you telnet/ssh/ console to the WLC CLI and do a "show run-config"?

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

You're absolutely correct.

I'm showing the same IP for certain AP's in show run-config, on other AP's it's showing IP disabled. The web interface on the 4112 is showing all AP's with IP disabled (I'm running 2.2.127.132). Any ideas what I should do next?

Aar> Hm, I guess you're running old code in your WLC ... in current (3.2)

Reply to
Comwood

Comwood, I'm not clear - does the IP address in conflict show as being configured on one or more of your AP's?

Is this IP address supposed to be assigned by DHCP, or is it supposed to be statically assigned?

In current 3.2 code, if you go Wireless -> All APs -> Detail, you will see a Set to Factory Defaults button - does this help? Or you could use the AP Static IP checkbox to assign a different IP address to the AP. (Not sure what the options are in 2.2.)

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Aaron,

It seems IP address's are assigned to multiple AP's. I only see this if I telnet into the 4112. If I use the web interface it says all IP's are disabled. No where in the web interface does it allow me to configure a manual IP.

We are running a DHCP server and the DHCP server is specified in the

4112 config. I went to Wireless .. but there' s no options for All AP's (I guess 2.2 doesn't have this).

I'm assuming I need a support contract to update to 3.2 code. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for all your help so far.

Aar> Comwood,

Reply to
Comwood

I should also note that our DHCP server is not assigning the IP's that the AP's are configured with.

Reply to
Comwood

Comwood,

I'm afraid that this is beyond me now. I have very little experience with 2.2 - it does sound like you're hitting some odd behavior. You are at the point where, if I were you, I'd want some kind of support contract, and log a call with TAC.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.