IP Conflict on WiFi

If both are DH* servers, try setting them to 100 addresses allocated, the first starting at .50 and the second at .150 (IE so the address range isn't duplicated when addresses are given out)

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

"Terminator" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

are both APs using the same IP address - 192.168.1.254?

Reply to
Smowk

Dear Friends,

I am a wireless Inetrnet Service provider in Mysore India. I have presently

2 AP independently connected to the net by OFC with central server running on DHCP.

At a particular point in the town both the AP's are accessable. If I put up Bridge (LAN IP 192.xxx...) and power on it with any AP SSID there will be a conflict on the network on IP address and the other subscribers get "Request Time Out" and slow Internet access. I have tried changing the hardware but no joy.

Plez help me.

shanks

Reply to
Terminator

So, how about telling us a little more about your setup?

- IP addresses and netmasks of all components

- DHCP ranges

- physical network structure

- static routes

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Krüger

No both AP's are not on DHCP but on static transparent IP's 10.10.xxx. Connecting to a server running a DHCP service but allocating real ip's (61.7.xxx). The bridge, no matter what IP is allocated for the LAN side causes a IP conflict.

shanks

Reply to
Terminator

The network has 2 AP's both are independently connected to the Net from the server via Fibre Optic Cable. The server runs on Linux with DHCP range of

255 real IP's (61.7.65.1 255).

Each AP has a LAN IP of 10.10.10.1 /255.255.255.0. Both AP's has different SSID.

All bridges and Wifiy PCI cards are working fine except one bridge. This one is Radio accessable to both the AP's, no matter whatever bridge I put, the moment I put the bridge the network goes down and there is a clash of IP. The bridge has a LAN IP of 192.168.1.x / 255.255.255.0 for local administration.

The server has MAC authentication and AP's are not authenticated since they are transparent. The Bridge and the NIC are both authenticated. (Should I?).

shanks

Reply to
Terminator

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.