Netgear WGU624 & WPA Security

Greetings and Salutations friendly folks of Alt.Internet.Wireless!

So here's my question. I've got the WGU624 802.11a/b/g wireless router from Netgear and I'm curious as to why it is that WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES) doesn't work with the utility program that they include with their adapters? I have the WG511U PCMCIA card that I use with my laptop and the wireless security settings work just fine if I'm using them through Windows, however if I use the utility that comes from Netgear I'm unable to authenticate to the router.

I read somewhere else that someone else apparently had this problem as well. Is this actually a problem? Is anyone looking into it? Is Netgear going to release a newer version of their client software for their adapters that actually works? WEP is nice and all but with AirSnort you can crack WEP in a couple of days on the network, and well, yeah, I'd prefer not to have to deal with that.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks folks, D

Reply to
Dan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.