Linksys WRK54G good? Other recommendations?

I'm thinking of hooking up a Linksys WRK54G with DSL. Anyone have any opinions? I've heard it's pretty good but would appreciate any other views and recommendations. The key is hassle-free installation, reliability, ease of use (I'm lazy). Thanks.

Reply to
Smerd Yakov
Loading thread data ...

NO, DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO AVOID THE WRK54G, I have it and it sucks. I get constant intermittent loss of internet and they don't update their firmware or drivers. I've talked to support a hundred times and I'm just about cisco wireless certified myself. From what i've experienced, the product is bad. But hey, thats just me

Smerd Yakov wrote:

Reply to
Dan.Mandini

Dunno bout Linksys, but my brother swears by ZyXEL DSL gear. I've got a cable modem myself, and I've had good luck with Buffalo gear. It supports WDS, and while the router/wap is installed in the second floor of my house, I get 10-11mbps _in the basement_.. (dunno what that says about the sturdiness of the construction ;)

formatting link
Good luck,

- Matt

Reply to
hennessy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.