Linksys software

If your are running XP you can do a system restore back to an earlier checkpoint, maybe even back before you installed it the first time. Works great. Bear in mind that if you have installed any programs after the chckpoint date that you go back to you will have to reinstall them. It wont touch regular files. I got my wireless adapter hosed and that was my only option even after deinstall and reinstall. System restore is under Program/accessories/system tools.

Reply to
Airhead
Loading thread data ...

Got a problem with some wireless adapter software. I installed it along with the adapter and everything worked so-so for awhile and then stopped working. I then wanted to uninstall and re-install to see if that would fix it. Used the uninstall file that it suggested I use to uninstall and everything seemed okay. Successfull uninstall. I then went to reinstall and it a window popped up and stated that the drivers were installed for this device and that I should uninstall them before I reinstall. I looked in 'add/remove programs and it wasn't there. I looked in the 'program files' directory and saw no folder with the Linksys name. I ran msconfig and saw nothing in the startup. I looked in process..nothing. I used a registry cleaner..nothing. I used 'regedit' to find files with Linksys, WLAN, WRT54GS, and Broman and deleted all associated files. I even went to a 'DOS' window to look for the folder..nothing. I cannot reinstall until the system is cleared of all associated files obviously. And I did check the Device Manager for drivers..and nothing again. Don't know what else to try. I am down to a 'wipe and reload' or...not? Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

Rocco

Reply to
Rocco

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I forgot to mention that I tried a system restore without success because there wasn't a restore point before the software was loaded and actually there were only two restore points period. I don't know why, but that leads me to believe that there is something else wrong in the computer, or maybe in windows. That's odd and aggravating. Any other thoughts? Last resorts? I need to get this done very soon. Thanks again. Rocco

Reply to
Rocco

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:05:41 -0500, Rocco spoketh

Download the newest drivers from their website and unzip it to somewhere on your harddrive.

Go to the Properties page of the wireless card (either through the Device Manager or any other means of getting there)

Select the Driver tab, and click update driver.

Select "have disk" and navigate to where you unzip the drivers.

Pick the correct card from the list and install the drivers.

Configure Windows to manage your wireless connection.

Reply to
Lars M. Hansen

Go to their website and find their 1-800 support line. They should be able to walk you through it.

formatting link

Reply to
Buck Naked

There are drivers installed under \Windows, possibly .inf files also.

Sometimes the installation media can be unzipped to the point where you can see the names of the .inf files and .dll files. Evne if there is a .exe file, try to unzip it. Some installations are done via installshield cabs which you can't view as easily.

You might be able to see the name by looking in control panel-system-hardware-device manager, properties-device driver for the card.

Look for a C:\WINDOWS\inf\*.pnf file that was created about the same time as the card was installed. The name will be the same as some .inf file that contains information about your card. The .inf file contains information about the name of the driver.

You could remove all of the associated files under \Windows. It might be sufficent to remove (or move) the .pnf and .inf file.

Reply to
dold

Reply to
Rod Long

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.