Is there an iOS app similar to the Android WiFi Analyzer app?

September 2, 2018, to be exact:

formatting link

Not that I need you to believe me. I bought it. I have it. I've used it for years with multiple cars and Apple devices without issue. It's a great little OBD2 adapter that I will continue to use, happily. And what some rando on the net has to say about it won't change a thing.

And of course as usual, Arlen (aka: Robin Goodfellow and a slew of other nyms here) is a complete know-nothing loser and fool whose entire life is spent trolling. : )

Reply to
Jolly Roger
Loading thread data ...

Thanks. I didn't suggest that you didn't pay $19.99 (plus shipping or Amazon Prime membership). I simply indicated that I could not find it on Amazon or anywhere except China for the stated price. You bought it 3 years ago, which is very relevant if the reader is considering purchasing the device. Three year old prices are rather useless in todays inflation driven economy:

"Amazon changes prices on its products about every 10 minutes - here's how and why they do it"

formatting link

I often track Amazon pricing history using:

formatting link
A search currently finds nothing for Carista ODB-II (or ODB2) so no price history. Here's a competing model as an example. Notice the radical price changes on Amazon:
formatting link

Thanks (again) for providing substantiation. That helps separate the facts from the fabrications.

I never suggested otherwise. I did mention the device I was using along with its limitations. If some "rando" on the net offers an alternative, it would be of little importance to you, but might be useful to someone reading this thread.

Whatever.

Gone to the post office to pickup some chainsaw parts, which might be useful for an upcoming WiFi network install.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I don't see the Carista on Amazon anymore.

It's still available elsewhere

formatting link
, and it's the same price that it was sold for on Amazon. I never saw it go on sale for $19.99, but it's possible.

One advantage of the Carista is that it's BLE so you can use it with iPhone OBD-II apps as well as with Android. Prior to that you had to use a Wi-Fi ELM-327 OBD-II adapter to use with iPhone, and those were a lot more expensive than the Bluetooth ELM-327 OBD-II adapters.

Another advantage of the Carista is that their premium subscription offers manufacturer-specific information for some vehicle manufacturers.

Unfortunately, the Torque Pro app is only on Android, and while there apps with similar functionality for iOS, they aren't as good as Torque Pro

formatting link
. There's another issue with the el-cheapo ELM-327 adapters as well, some of them can really screw up the ECU. It's been a common issue on Priuses, see
formatting link

Reply to
sms

the wifi versions were not significantly more expensive and they were not the only option either.

that is an advantage.

some apps are as good and some are even better.

no, that isn't a common issue nor is it specific to elm327 either.

Reply to
nospam

Jeff Liebermann snipped-for-privacy@cruzio.com asked

(Jeff... Please see the personal note in the sig. Thanks.)

As a curious and sensibly logical person, what I want to know is why.

Why is it that _only_ iOS is so crippled that it lacks _all_ these things? I don't know why.

Do you?

What's interesting is they claim I said OBDII wasn't on iOS and I never said that either. I was using it as a hypothetical example but they have _no_ defense to Apple flaws that they distorted what I clearly had said (or they're so stupid that they actually can't comprehend the language used).

What's common is in their desperation to defend that the iPhone is crippled, they just make this shit up, mainly as a deflection against the fact of the major topic which is why basic wi-fi graphical debuggers aren't on iOS (but yet, they're on _all_ other of the five common consumer operating systems).

There could only be very few reasons why iOS is crippled when it comes to graphical wifi debugging though... which is the part that interests me.

Why? Why is it _only_ iOS is so crippled when it comes to actually doing things?

*Why just iOS?* It's not even the macOS which is so crippled. Just iOS.

*Why iOS only that is crippled?*

It can't be that "nobody wants to do it" which is the argument they often spout, nor that "it's there, but you can't find it" which is, surprisingly, their most common defense (their defense, like Apple's, is to just lie).

Perhaps it's likely the same reason why iOS is crippled when it comes to _lots_ of utilities common to _all_ other common consumer operating systems (recorders, launchers, debuggers, firewalls, adblockers, defaults, TOR, etc.).

Why is it that _only_ iOS is so crippled that it lacks _all_ these things?

Reply to
Robin Goodfellow

nospam snipped-for-privacy@nospam.invalid asked

Bear in mind nospam claimed Android doesn't have app drawer apps. That's how much he knows about Android.

He has claimed that Android doesn't update frequently (where nospam has no clue about Project Treble and Project Mainline for example).

He's clueless about Android but more importantly nospam doesn't even know anything about iOS as he's been wrong on almost everything he claims.

For example, nospam claimed iOS has graphical wifi debuggers. Yet he can _never_ come up with even a single one in the app store!

Never. Not even one.

And it's not just graphical wifi debugging tools nospam fabricates exists... He fabricates existence of imaginary encryption container tools, and imaginary automatic call recording tools, and imaginary system wide foss firewalls, and imaginary system wide foss ad blockers, and imaginary gps spoofing by default, and imaginary fully functional foss ad free youtube clones, and imaginary powerful IPA backup tools, and nospam even fabricated that the FOSS Tor Browser anonymity tools exist on iOS when it can't.

All lies.

*Nobody lies like Apple lies* & concurrently, nobody lies like nospam lies.

But my question is why is it _only_ iOS that is so badly crippled?

Reply to
Robin Goodfellow

sms is, of course, lying again. I had one of the Automatic OBDII dongles and it did not use WiFi, but used BlueTooth.

Reply to
Lewis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.