Is there an iOS app similar to the Android WiFi Analyzer app?

i never suggested 'wildly adding more and more routers without knowing where the dead spots actually are'.

stop lying and trolling.

what i said was if there's a dead spot, simply add a router for additional coverage and link the two. done.

a mesh unit is an even better choice but not required.

you have no clue what you're talking about and you're not fooling anyone.

nope.

if you want to use a ridiculous car analogy, what you're suggesting is someone downloading a bunch of apps to try to diagnose the car despite not knowing what they're doing, versus taking it to a mechanic and have it properly fixed.

Reply to
nospam
Loading thread data ...

sms snipped-for-privacy@geemail.com asked

What's unknown is _why Apple would remove the apps from the App Store_ when Apple allows the very same graphical wi-fi debugging apps for macOS.

It's only iOS that doesn't have utilities every other operating system has.

What iOS has though are games. Games. Games games games. It's one more indicator that iOS is only a toy operating system for kids.

Reply to
Robin Goodfellow

nospam snipped-for-privacy@nospam.invalid asked

Keeping with the car analogy, it's like OBD testers exist on all platforms except on the iOS platform because Apple, for some reason, would hate OBDII.

Many useful utilities are on all platforms _except_ the iOS platform. Graphical cellular signal debuggers are yet another example not on iOS.

*The toy iOS isn't actually useful for _anything_ other than playing games.*
Reply to
Robin Goodfellow

In your desperation to make excuses for why iOS is crippled you make an argument that goes against all your other arguments as to why you love iOS.

The reality is you'll stop at nothing to defend a crippled iOS to the death.

Of course you'd say that... because you know the iPhone has a crippled OS.

How is that router going to know the optimal place for it to be located?

Reply to
Robin Goodfellow

false.

there are *numerous* obd adapters and obd apps on ios.

i have been using the adapters and apps for more than a decade and have tried or own just about all of them.

they work exceptionally well, even in the background without needing to launch an app each time, something not possible on android.

i've also written an ios app that used an obd adapter and am *very* familiar with how it all works.

you are as usual, full of shit.

Reply to
nospam

it tells you.

Reply to
nospam

You have no shame.

You're no different than what Apple does by Apple's incessant public lies. (Apple was fined and Apple paid over a billion dollars for lies last year)

You'll make up anything to defend the crippled lack of functionality of iOS.

Reply to
Robin Goodfellow

You have no shame.

Just like Apple's very public incessant lies (for which Apple paid out over a billion dollars last year alone), you'll distort everything sans shame.

What neither you nor Apple can change, even with both your incessant lies (neither you nor Apple has any shame when it comes to brazen public lies), is the fact that the graphical wifi debuggers exist on all consumer operating systems _except_ on iOS.

*To own an iPhone is to own a crippled operating system akin to ChromeOS.*
Reply to
Robin Goodfellow

OBD-II is interesting because the low-cost OBD-II dongles are Bluetooth-only and use the SPP (Serial Port Profile) which iOS does not support.

You can buy a Wi-Fi OBD-II dongle, or a BLE OBD-II dongle, that will connect to an iPhone or iPad, but they are an order of magnitude more expensive.

Of course, just like a Wi-Fi analyzer, I would expect to see a rationalization like: "ordinary users don't need to read OBD-II codes."

Reply to
sms

nospam is wrong of course?.

formatting link

Wi-Fi analyzer has over 10 million installs. It may be an app thouse users only open once or twice, but when they need it, it's very useful.

Reply to
sms

sms snipped-for-privacy@geemail.com asked

To own an iPhone is to own a crippled operating system (crippled by Apple).

"Generic ELM327 adapters will not work with OBD Fusion.

*This has to do with _iOS limitations_ than with the scanner itself*."
formatting link
Unfortunately there is no way to use Wi-Fi adapter on iOS while the app is in background. *This is an _Apple iOS restriction_* and there's no way to overcome it."
formatting link

Under $25: Adapters in this price range are usually Android/PC or Android-only options. *Compatibility with iOS is uncommon* in this bracket.

formatting link

Why would anyone need OBDII when all they do is play games on their iPhone?

Reply to
Robin Goodfellow

wrong.

obd dongles have supported bluetooth le for nearly a decade.

there are also obd dongles that connect directly to the phone via the dock connector or lightning.

wrong.

they're all about the same price.

it's not a rationalization. they don't.

most people when seeing a check engine light will take their car to the mechanic and have it properly fixed.

even if someone wants to read the code, there's usually nothing they can do unless the problem is minor, which it usually isn't when the cel comes on.

Reply to
nospam

Worse. Most of the OBD-II wireless dongles use cloned (counterfeit) ELM327 chips, which may or may not support various features. There are apps that will test for which features are available. For example:

formatting link
formatting link
I've ordered OBD-II readers on eBay that were advertised to be 2.3 compatible, that turned out to be an older version.

The original ELM327:

formatting link
Various protocols and chips:
formatting link

Yep. Ordinary users just love having Apple make their decisions for them.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Because Apple doesn't yet sell an Apple self driving car:

formatting link
When the car is eventually released, I suspect that mere mortal drivers will not be allowed to use the ODBII port without an Apple Car Care contract. Or, it might be reserved for use only by Authorized Service Centers. Ever get the feeling you are allowed to have less and less control over your devices?

You don't need to know. We know better. We are in control. You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of games and five year product lives, but of mindless behavior and sky high prices. A journey into the wondrous land of Apple. Next stop, the iPhone Zone.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I had some cheap ones that had difficulty connecting sometimes, but then they worked okay after that. The one I use now, the "Carista" was $30 but always connects properly. I use it with Torque Pro, but Carista has their own app that has manufacturer specific codes for some brands. It's not a free app, it has a monthly fee, but you can just sign up whenever you need the manufacturer specific codes support.

Reply to
sms

$30??? and you're complaining about the high price of obd adapters??

obd dongles that work perfectly fine with iphones cost quite a bit less than that, they work with many obd apps app and in some cases, an app isn't even needed because of what ios can do.

Reply to
nospam

Jeff Liebermann snipped-for-privacy@cruzio.com asked

Apple has never designed even a single SOC without huge flaws.

formatting link
Can you imagine the built in unfixable flaws in an Apple car!

The entire sales pitch will be based on fear (that's what drives Apple owners, fear, and nothing but fear).

If you don't purchase expensive cheap Apple tires, you'll die. If you don't get the contract to fix our bugs, you'll die. If you purchase a non-Apple battery or windshield, you'll die.

Apple will throttle the engine, year after year, lowering top speed. At some point the engine will be unusable so that you'll buy a new car.

The car will only be able to make left turns. You can get anywhere with left turns so you're holding the steering wheel wrong if you try to make right turns. Right turns cost extra.

Apple will spend more on marketing the car than on building it. Just like now when Apple's R&D is the lowest in all of high tech.

formatting link

Apple will cripple the car so that you'll have to pay to get back the basic functionality that is on all other cars but not on any of the Apple cars.

Reply to
Robin Goodfellow

Jeff Liebermann knows more about radio setup than almost anyone here. Certainly he knows more about electronics than you ever will know. You're the moron, YourName, for not recognizing people who know their shit.

Reply to
John

Wow, kill-filing Jeff Liebermann, LOL.

Jeff is probably the smartest person posting here (or second smartest anyway), and I'm pretty certain that he's set up far more wireless networks for businesses than anyone else posting in misc.phone.mobile.iphone.

I'm sure that Jeff will be devastated to find that one of our favorite trolls has insulted and kill-filed him--NOT.

Reply to
sms

Yep, that's exactly the one I used a couple of times. On several devices, so I'm afraid I'm responsible for a few of those (over) 10 million installs!

I'll try to be more "ordinary" in future, but don't count on it.

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.