Intruder in my wireless network? / intrusion detection programs

At least once, I posted the link a few days ago. Is it common, don't know, but then on an open network there is still in some jurisdictions a question of it being illegal (if you insist it is everywhere, fine with me) and therefore less enforced I suspect. But at least once and I think more then once, I recall a case in the UK but could be mistaken.

In this case say never...

Perhaps because you are the only person in the world (nay universe) that cares about the d@mned thing. No one else in the thread seems to have the least concern. If you have all the details, what is your problem going to the manufacturer and buying one. I don't understand this obcession with an obscure surge protector.

Or NOT, maybe he is out of business or has more then he can handle and doesn't care to expand his market. I notice none of the PC type magazines are remotely interested in it either.

My point here isn't some guy advertising it, it is that no one has been caught. Pretty odd that there is not a single case of anyone getting caught given how easy you all say it is and how many script kiddies there are hiding behind every tree and schrub.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico
Loading thread data ...

Thousands and not even one has been caught.

Reply to
Rico

Right and of course we all know it happens more than just once or maybe twice but I bet you can't find 10 different cases worldwide of public prosecution of an unauthorised user on an open network. So considering just how often that happens, you'd think there'd be more than so few published cases no?

But I know that it has but you don't want that, you want a prosecuted case with a newstory as proof.

No but it's my equal challenge. I have this thing and it's real but I can't find anything about it on the Internet therefore by your definition it can't exist! :)

It's not a surge protector and it's not obscure. :)

Can you find it on the Internet with the info I have supplied, shall I post photos of it somewhere to help you?

No, not accurate, it's not that no-one has been caught, it's that possibly nobody has been *prosecuted* and turned into a news story.

How many people check their logs? How many people with some form of encryption (that doesn't announce that it has been hacked) would check their logs?

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Like I said, how many open connections are used and abused daily and how many news stories can you find about people being prosecuted for doing so...

See if you can make it double figures.

:)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

That's ludicrous. How many hackers have ever been caught and charged for "wired" hacking? Despite the fact that it's been possible for decades, they're almost never charged unless there's an actual provable damage. Rather, the holes get blocked quietly and nothing is said...

Reply to
Derek Broughton

Hmm, a bit of shall we say selective trimming that addressed your point before you made it, how honest and fair of you.

Reply to
Rico

I made it once, your turn.

Reply to
Rico

Reply to
Rico

:), you're either missing the point or dodging the issue. I haven't looked, i'm not going to look, even if I can't find a prosecuted case, I

*know* that it has happened.

Equally I know that thousands, tens of thousands? of unencrypted connections are being used without permission, daily yet I doubt that double figures of prosecuted cases can be found.

Can you see a trend in statistics here?

Have you found my powerstrip yet? :)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Ok, while this was to Derek, enough for me. Instead of the usual "It must be true, I read it on the Internet", you're in denial taking the opposite stance:-

"It can't be true, I haven't seen a reported news story on the Internet".

:)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Which is effectively your agreement that it doesn't exist. Point is while you are too stubborn to admit it, by this post you agree I'm more likely right then worng.

Reply to
Rico

Not at all. I might agree that I can't find (if I looked) a *news* URL that reports that someone has been prosecuted. Is that the same as saying it has NEVER happened? Not in the slightest.

Nor will you find a news report of me exceeding the speed limit today, did it happen? Was I reported and prosecuted?

Did someone try your door lock on your car today to see if it was unlocked? I could go on.

I can't find my powerstrip either but I have two of them.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.