Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG + WPA

I use WinXP Pro SP1 and the Intel 2200BG adapter (latest driver). I think I overlook something, but where can I configure the adapter for WPA?

Thank you in advance!

Marcel

Reply to
Marcel
Loading thread data ...

I'd reccomend putting SP2 on and re-installing the latest driver, as the wireless setup is easier. The option then appears under the 'association' tab as 'data encryption'. You do need the latest driver though.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

snipped-for-privacy@xs4all.nl (Marcel) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I'm guessing you're using Windows own wireless configuration tools.

"Notes for using WPA and WPA2 with Microsoft's Zero Config client utility:

A patch must be applied for WPA to function in Windows* XP with service pack 1 (SP1). Windows XP service pack 2 (SP2) includes WPA capability; therefore, no additional downloads are needed to support WPA. Microsoft's wireless rollup package includes the WPA patch for Windows XP service pack 1 (SP1): 826942 ?. Microsoft also provides an update for adding WPA2 capability to Windows XP service pack 2 (SP2):

893357 ?. This patch is optional if you are using Intel® PROSet/Wireless software to manage the wireless adapter. Download this patch to add WPA2 support when using Windows to manage the adapter."

formatting link

Reply to
Bert Hyman

Hi Bert!

This was the solution! I donwloaded the patch, installed it and it works fine with WPA-PSK. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Marcel

Reply to
Marcel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.