Debugging Intel PRO/Wireless Connectivity on Windows

Hi,

I have an Intel 2915ABG and use it with a Linksys WRT54GSv1 (latest firmware). Every now and then the connection has issues where the PRO/Wireless indicates that there is a connection, but no traffic goes back or forth. I am then force to toggle the radio switch, and if I'm really unlucky, I have to power cycle the machine.

What I would like to know is whether there is a way to get the PRO/Wireless driver/software to log events regarding the connection, and I mean detailed, low-level logging; not the useless info provided by the Wireless Event Viewer.

There is some info in the Windows registry that indicate the existence of a logging service, but unfortunately it is specified as not installed, and I couldn't find any helpful info about it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Dino
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
Frank

I guess I had same problem, take a look at you computer OS services, you'll have Windows Wireless Zero wireless Config, and Intel Wireless config service, I disabled the Intel, and made sure the windows wireless zero was enabled, rebooted and have worked like a dream since.

Reply to
corb

Yeah, I stumbled across this a while ago, but didn't give it a try since it involves Microsoft's zero-config wireless service, which I don't think comes into play when using the PRO/Wireless tools.

Nevertheless, I decided I might as well give it a try and see what happens, even though the amount of logged information is overwhelming, and it will take me a while to figure out what's going on.

Reply to
Dino

So you are using Microsoft's UI to hookup to wireless networks, right? I'd rather use the PRO/Wireless tools, but it probably wouldn't hurt to give the MS stuff a try to see if the same connectivity problems occur. If they do, then it is probably a driver issue, and I'm inclined to contact Intel tech support to ask them on how to get some connection debugging info, as I'm sure they have their own ways.

Reply to
Dino

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.