Intel Pro and SMC router

Hi

I have 4 laptops connected in a wireless network using SMC 7004VWBR router. Two of the laptops(a Toshiba and a Compaq) have Intel Pro wireless cards, and the other two have other cards. The other laptops work fine in the wireless network. The two with the Intel Pro-s don't work with the wireless router. I have verified that these Intel Pro based laptops do work in other wireless environments, so the hardware seems alright.

My configuration is currently:

Motorola Cable modem -> LinkSys Router (for VOIP)-> SMC 7004 VWBR Wireless router

Also, when I run an ethernet cable from the wireless router to the Intel Pro based laptops, it works fine.

I have tried:

- calling every support desk I have easy access to.

- power cycling/rebooting/restarting everything several times.

- I have looked at the Intel Pro website too, but didnt find anything.

Any help would be great.

Reply to
RC
Loading thread data ...

7004VWBR

laptops

hardware

Are you using WEP or WPA? Have you reset your router to factory and tried it? Worth a try, I took a call that the guy had his router set to G-Only but his card was a B. A reset just assures that there "shouldnt" be a config problem.

Reply to
Airhead

You didn't say which OS but if XP SP2 this may apply

formatting link
NBT

Reply to
NBT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.